Threading is the hottest, most-talked about method of hair removal nowadays. Although threading is beginning to gain popularity in the United Kingdom, this technique has been around for thousands of years. Threading is a traditional Indian technique of hair removal and uses a 100% cotton thread. Unlike some other methods of hair removal, which use hair removing chemicals, threading is extremely safe to use. It is particularly suited to those with delicate or sensitive skin.
Threading is perfect for creating and maintaining the perfect eyebrow shape and for the accurate removal unwanted hair from the upper lip area, chin, sides of face or the whole face by deftly twisting and rolling a 100% cotton thread along the surface of the skin. The threads trap fine body hair between the cotton threads, which are then lifted out by the roots. The threading artist holds one end of the cotton thread in his or her teeth and the other end in the left hand while the middle of the thread is looped through the index and middle fingers of the right hand. The threading artist then uses the loop to trap a series of unwanted hairs and pull them from the skin. The hairs should grow back finer, softer and smoother afterwards.
• Threading is more precise than waxing therefore more defined on areas such as the eyebrows and upper lip areas because it can remove as little as one hair or as many as required.
• Threading is fast, neat, causes fewer wrinkles, and is considered less painful than plucking.
• Results can last up to two to four weeks.
• No waiting for the hair to grow back to a certain length, as hairs can be as little as 1/8" in length and sometimes even less!
• Threading is suitable for all types of skin, even the most sensitive skin types and therefore highly recommended. It is an excellent option for those who use RetinA, Accutane and similar products.
Follow us on Facebook